“There is no growth without change. “- Bright
“There is no change without growth.” Bright
“I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I established today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.”- James Joyce, novelist
“Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced.”– John Keat, poet
“Great things are done when men and mountains meet.”– William Blake, poet
It takes more time to explain your excuses than it takes to actually do something. If you want to succeed, excuses should be eliminated from your head, from your dictionary, and from your life. If you keep making excuses for not taking action, you are delaying your success.
You are delaying your growth and development. You are holding yourself back. The only cure to excuses is action. Take action. Stop making excuses.
Excuses will make you happy and comfortable for a day, but the consequences are more than the short term happiness and comfort you get from not acting on your dreams.
People who are successful today are not smarter than you do; they just act on their dreams. They faced fear and manage it well. Why are people not taking action to change their situation? People don’t take action to change their lives for many reasons. Here are some of them:
- They are scared of the unknown
- They want to be perfect before they start
- They want to have the right education before they start
- They want to have the right amount of money before they start
- They want to be in the right environment before they start
- They don’t want to start now, because they have medical issue.
- So many people are doing what I want to do
- It has never be done before
- It is not going to do well
- I am waiting for the right business partner or partners
- I need a beautiful office before I start.
- I don’t have time. I am too busy with family issues.
- I need a graduate degree before I start
- English is not my first language
- My spouse is not supporting me. They are just excuses!
These are some of the reasons people wander through life. Stop making them. They are just excuses, nothing else. You can change your life if you want to. You can do it by taking action. If you don’t change your life, no one will do it for you. You are the master of your own life. If you want to take actions to correct things, here is how you can go about it:
- Know who you are. Know what is important to you. Know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Assess yourself for talents, skills that you need to get the job done
- Break the things down into smaller portions that you can manage.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Reach out to people who have done it before. Ask great questions to find out how they did it. Make sure you find your own voice. If not, you are just imitating someone else’s style.
- Be disciplined. It takes discipline to get things done.