“Resolve not to be poor: whatever you have, spend less. Poverty is a great enemy to human happiness; it certainly destroys liberty, and it makes some virtues impracticable, and others extremely difficult.”– Samuel Johnson
- Financial poverty- Think success and pursue it. Don’t give up.
- Psychological/ mental poverty– Protect your mind from toxic things. Think positive thoughts.
- Social poverty- Get out of your isolation!
- Relational poverty- Don’t be shy to meet new people.
- Spiritual poverty- Connect with your inner life. Take care of your spiritual life.
The real enemy to human happiness is mental poverty. Why is that? Because happiness is a mental harmony, according to James Allen. If you really want to be happy, you must do whatever you can to protect your mind from toxic things. If your mind is healthy, you can get yourself out of financial poverty. But if your mind is unhealthy, you have a real threat to your happiness.
“The real threat to human happiness is mental poverty.“-