Successful people know how to fail, and they are comfortable with failure. They don’t see failure as the end of the road. They see failure as the beginning of the journey. Failure is not really failure; it is a temporary stop. J. K. Rowling says, “Failure is inevitable, make it a strength.”
When you fail at something, don’t take it as the end of the road for you. Take it as the beginning of the road. Take it as a strength, according to Rowling. You should not take failure personal. It is a way of life. If you want to succeed, you must be comfortable with failure. Successful people know this well.
Do not take failure personal for the following reasons:
1) Failure is a part of life. You cannot succeed in life without failing first. If you want to be successful, you must be comfortable with failure. You must embrace failure. You must see failure as a step forward, not a final stop. As Dell Crossword put it, “Success is not permanent, neither is failure.”
2) You fail to succeed. Failure means growth. It means you are trying to get things done. It means you are experimenting. It means you are taking risks. It means you are not comfortable in your comfort zone. When you fail, don’t beat yourself up. Take it as a way forward. Celebrate it. Embrace it. Peter Drucker said, “Wherever there is success, there has to be failure.” Failure and success are inseparable. You cannot succeed without first making lots of mistakes. It is acceptable, but don’t make it a habit.
3) Failure shows you the right way forward. When you fail at something, it means you are making progress. Failure is not failure; it is your teacher. Failure teaches you the way forward. It teaches you to work harder. It forces you to take a different direction. It forces you to think differently. If you want to succeed, failure is the way.
4) Failure makes you stronger. Success is built on failure. Failure is what we don’t like to talk about, because we don’t celebrate failure; we celebrate success. Failure makes you stronger, not weaker. It shows you your strengths and weaknesses. Remember, failure is not permanent. Don’t make it permanent.
5) Failure is not permanent. Failure is not permanent. It is a temporary defeat. Marilyn Von Savan said, “Being defeated is often only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” If you give up, it becomes permanent. But if you keep trying, regardless of the results, you will succeed.
Finally, failure is when you stop pursuing your dreams. If you continue to pursue your dreams, regardless of how many times you have failed, you are not a failure. It just makes you a stronger person. C. S. Lewis said, “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”