It is easier to maintain bad habits than to change them. Habits are what we do everyday without knowing that we are doing it. It is a quiet guy, but dangerous.
To change from bad to good habits, make sure what you are replacing it with something bigger and better than what you are eliminating. If not, it will be difficult to change. Don’t try to eliminate it overnight. It takes more than overnight to form bad habits. If you really want to eliminate your bad habit, be patient. Yes, be patient. It is easier to form than to eliminate. You can do it!
Aristotle famously said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.”
What you do every day will determine how far you can go in life. If you spend time with productive people, you will be productive. If you spend time with lazy people, you will be lazy. If you want to succeed in life, if you want to reach your full potential, you need to change what is not working for you.
To do that, here are some strategies that will help you:
- Replace the bad habit with a good one.
- Don’t feed a bad habit. Starve it to death
- Feed the good habit by repeating it every day.
- Discipline yourself.
- Follow through. When you start it, make sure you remind yourself why you are doing it.
- Be positive. Always tell yourself, “I can do it.”
- Be patience. To change habits is much more difficult than to form it.