14 Things To know Before You Set Your Goals
Why do we need to set goals? Do we need goals to succeed? What is a goal? What will happen if we don’t have a goal?
If you want to be successful in life, in your health, in your relationships, in your finance, in your career, you need a goal. A goal is like a road map. A goal shows you the path to success- if you are willing to take it. People with goals achieve more than those without goals. The people with goals know where they are going to. People without goals don’t know where they are going to. A goal is what is separating the two. Yes, you need a real goal, with a detailed commitment plan.
“A goal without a plan is a wish.”- Antoine-de Saint Exupery, writer
“A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder.”- Thomas Carlyle, philosopher
So before you write your goals, here are 14 things that should come to your mind:
1. Attach your goals to your values
2. Make sure your goals are realistic
3. Make sure you are setting your goals for the right reasons
4. Do not set other people’s goals. If you do, you will end up frustrated and unhappy.
5. Make sure you have a commitment plan. You have to commit to your goals if they are to come to fruition
6. Your goals have to be meaningful. It has to make sense
7. Your goals have to be challenging.
8. Your goals shouldn’t be unrealistic.
9. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Know what you can do and what you cannot do.
10. You have to know your standard ( failure and success)
11. Your goals have to be specific.
12. You have to define your goals
13. Know that if your goals are too hard to achieve, you will not succeed. If they are too easy to reach, you will not learn anything from them.
14. Know yourself. If you know yourself, your goals will be easier to reach. But if you don’t know who you really are, your goals will be very difficult for you achieve.
Putting it Together:
Your goal is your road map. Follow through.