Are you acting on your ideas? If “yes,” keeping going. If “no,” what are you waiting for?
Act on your ideas. The world is full of people- smart people, who never acted on their ideas. “I have an idea” is not enough. You have to act on it. You have to nurture your seed of success.
“I have long since come to believe that people never
mean half of what they say, and that it is best
to disregard their talk and judge only their actions.”-
Ideas are like seeds. If you want your seed to grow well, you have to nurture your seed.Your ideas need a place to grow. It is your responsibility to provide a safe place for your ideas to come to reality.
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”- Theodore Roosevelt
If you want to do well in life, if you want to be successful, if you want to live a balanced life, you have to nurture your ideas. Successful people understand this game, and they know how to play it very well- better than the rest of us. For example, if Bill Gates had not acted on his idea, there wouldn’t have been Microsoft Corporation. If Michael Dell had not acted on his ideas, Dell computers wouldn’t have been here. If Mark Zuckerberg had not acted on the idea he conceived at Harvard University, there wouldn’t have been Facebook. These guys conceived great ideas, and they acted on them. They acted intentionally on them. What about you? What are you waiting for? It is time to do something for yourself and your family. Start today. Stop waiting!
If, on the contrary, you have an idea waiting to be nurtured, and you don’t know how to bring it to reality, reach out to good people that have done it. Stop hiding your ideas. People need your ideas to make the world a better place.
Why are people not acting on their ideas?
- They are afraid. They refused to act on their ideas because of what people may say. They don’t believe in themselves. They think they don’t have what it takes to do a great job.
- They don’t want to be criticized. Most people remain silent and unsuccessful because they don’t want to be criticized. Know this: “Criticism is part of life.” If you want to be successful, be ready to be criticized. It does not matter what you do, people will find ways to get into you. Fault-finders will have something negative to say about you. The only remedy to this madness is to ignore them, and remain focused.
- They believe it can’t be done. If you believe in yourself, there is nothing you cannot achieve. So believe you can, and go for it.
- They think they don’t have the right education to do it. Education is not an accumulation of certificates, diplomas, or degrees. Education is how you navigate yourself through this complex world.
- Lots of people have done it. It doesn’t matter who has done it before, there is always room for improvement. Remember, nobody is asking you to re-invent the wheel. The world is asking you to modify the wheel. If you can create new things, why not?
- They believe they are not in the right environment. There are countless successful people that have succeeded in an unexpected places. My friends, your environment is not the issue, you are the issue.
If you want to change your life, if you want to change the lives of people who are associated with you, take action, don’t procrastinate, take it step-by-step, and know when to say no.
Act on your ideas, and your life will change forever. Start today.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to send it to your friends. I look forward to hearing from you.