A habit is what we do everyday.
We develop bad habits.
We develop good habits.
Good habits help us grow in life.
Bad habits stop us from moving forward.
Good habits can be turned into bad habits
Bad habits can be turned into good habits
When you are able to turn bad habits into good habits, you will start to move in the right direction. Things will start to get better.
“By submitting to a bad habit one forfeits the right to rule over himself.”– James Allen
Changing habits takes time.
Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, said, “Good habits formed at youth make all the difference.”
If you want to change bad habits to good habits, here is what you should know:
- It takes time to change a habit
- Get help. Don’t do it on your own.
- Understand how it affects your behavior.
In addition, according to James Allen, to break bad habits, you should:
- Form good habits (the same way you formed bad habits)
- Give scrupulous attention to the duty of the present moment.
- Do vigorously, and at once, whatever has to be done
- Live by the rule
- Control the tongue
- Control the mind.