People do well at what they love. They put everything into the job they love to do. When people love what they do, it seems they are not doing anything. Because they spend their time and energy in productive ways.
When you do what you love, it becomes part of your life- it is no longer a job, but something meaningful to you. Something that gives you joy. Something that is your calling. Something that gives you happiness. Something that gives you a sense of purpose.
When you do well at work, “the pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.”
“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.”– Aristotle
When people do what they love, here is what it looks like:
- They prosper faster than they could have imagined
- They are enthusiastic about their jobs
- They love going to work
- They grow personally and professionally
- They form better social connections at work
But if you don’t love what you are doing, the psychological, social, and economic costs are big. It affects your overall health and well-being.
How to enjoy your work.
- Learn more about your job
- Find something interesting about your job, and focus on it
- Don’t think negatively about your job
- Don’t say bad things about your colleagues
- Don’t say bad things about your boss, manager, supervisor.
- Find a mentor in your workplace
- Speak to people that are doing the same job, so you can learn from them.
- Approach all assignments with an open-mind.