Time management is very important in life and in business. If you want to enjoy your work, you should have a deep understanding of time management. As Dr. Scott Peck put it: “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time.Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”
The interviewer wants to know:
- Your attitudes toward time management
- Your perceptions of time management
- Whether you are a procrastinator
- Whether you are a self initiator
- Whether you know the importance of setting goals
- Whether you know how to delegate effectively
- Whether you know how to prioritize your tasks
“Time management itself is a management-not leadership.” “Time management deals with chronos, the Greek word for chronological time.“- Stephen R. Covey
When answering this question, talk about strategies you use in managing your time. For example, talk about:
- How you create a to-do-list to manage your daily tasks
- How you prioritize your tasks and, how you allocate appropriate amount of time to each of them.
- How you keep a time log to monitor the time you spent on each of them
- How you create time to analyze your work patterns.
- How you do first things first.
Answer this question with SPECIFIC examples. Don’t give vague answers.